Monday 8 November 2010

It Begins

Welcome to The Critical Ramblings of Lord Napsack.

I am your host, Lord Napsack. Within this blog you will find a number of reviews for both recent films and recent games. Though this is how it will be at first the blog may branch out into reviews for older films, TV shows and games, as well as some more recent shows, possibly more. Who knows? The possibilities are endless.

I hope you enjoy the reviews I write and leave any comments when you want to question, agree or even lampoon my views. I'll accept any and all valid criticism as, hey, being a critic I need to accept being criticised!

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Note On Ratings

This system is now defunct as I no longer use ratings. However, this is kept here just for older reviews.

I honestly believe that with a 10-point scale you can't gain everything from a review, however this is an easy way to quickly gauge my feelings as well as useful for comparisons.

Some reviews using the 10-point scale like to have 7 as an average for their reviews, however I prefer to use 5 as an average. The following also shows the colour coding I use:

0: May well be the worst thing ever made. Ever.
1-3: It's not good. At all.
4-6:: It's pretty much average. Not good, but not bad.
7-9: It's pretty good, with hardly any faults.
10: It's damn near perfect and may as well have been made by God!